Articles on this Page
- 04/20/08--20:46: _Tax on Skittles
- 04/30/08--12:12: _A message from Sena...
- 05/06/08--10:11: _Linder Town Hall News
- 05/15/08--09:07: _Uncharacteristicall...
- 08/07/08--08:57: _Mike Huckabee on th...
- 01/07/09--13:42: _The FairTax is aliv...
- 05/29/09--13:29: _U.S. Sales Tax Gets...
- 06/27/09--20:10: _Working with Democr...
- 11/06/10--13:17: _Roadmap for America
- 01/07/11--11:51: _Woodall introduces ...
- 04/20/08--20:46: Tax on Skittles
- 04/30/08--12:12: A message from Senator Robert Clegg
- 05/06/08--10:11: Linder Town Hall News
- 05/15/08--09:07: Uncharacteristically, McCain Misses the Popular Choice
- 08/07/08--08:57: Mike Huckabee on the Fairtax
- 01/07/09--13:42: The FairTax is alive in the 111th Congress
- 05/29/09--13:29: U.S. Sales Tax Gets Fresh Look
- 06/27/09--20:10: Working with Democrats to pass the FairTax
- 11/06/10--13:17: Roadmap for America
One of the perspectives that is often lost in the analysis of tax bases, rates, economic growth and the details of this study or that study is the cultural effect that taxation has on a population. While I have no interest in using government as a tool for social engineering, the fact is that funding [...]
New Hampshire State Senator Robert Clegg is currently running for congress in New Hampshire’s 2nd congressional district. A Republican, Senator Clegg served four terms in the New Hampshire House of Representatives prior to his current term in the state senate. Senator Clegg is a supporter of the FairTax and offers this post to The Fair [...]
Pulled from discussion on Yahoo Groups…Â Congressman Linder held a teleconference town hall meeting on April 28th 2008 (tuesday night) @ 7 pm on the FairTax. Â In the conference, heÂ said that he would agree to add language to the bill to delay implementing the FairTax until after the 16th amendment is repealed. This wasÂ in the [...]
McCain seems to have a talent for knowing what sells, even if it transcends party direction or consistent political ideology. By not endorsing the FairTax, is he losing his touch? Or maybe he is selling to the media – is he thinking that despite support from the electorate, the media will not like the FairTax? [...]
A message from John Linder Friends, I am extremely happy to tell you that HR 25, the FairTax, has been reintroduced and is alive and well in the 111th Congress.Â Not only that, the FairTax has been dropped with more original co-sponsors than it has ever had.Â This is an incredible accomplishment, and it has [...]
The Washington Post reports that in an effort to raise additional revenue, policymakers are discussing a VAT. With budget deficits soaring and President Obama pushing a trillion-dollar-plus expansion of health coverage, some Washington policymakers are taking a fresh look at a money-making idea long considered politically taboo: a national sales tax. A recent Rassmussen report [...]
Jessica Wexler, who worked the Obama campaign, posted her speech from the Mid America FairTax Rally on FairTax Nation. I have copied and posted the speech below. Hello, I am Jessica Wexler. I am a strong supporter of the FairTax. I have volunteered with FairTax KC for the past year and written an organizing manual [...]
With the recent election shift, we’re looking at John Boehner as the Speaker of the House and Eric Cantor becoming Majority Leader. Boehner never let the FairTax out of committee when he was House Majority Leader in 2006. So, what will happen with the FairTax? FairTax is a big issue with the Tea Party so [...]
I haven’t had time to follow the FairTax situation closely in recent months, but this caught my eye: WOODALL INTRODUCES FAIRTAX BILL ON DAY ONE WITH RECORD NUMBER OF ORIGINAL CO-SPONSORS Washington, DC—On Wednesday, January 5, 2011, Congressman Rob Woodall (GA-07) introduced H.R. 25, the FairTax. The FairTax legislation eliminates the current income tax paradigm [...]